COVID-19 is an unprecedented health crisis of our time. Without a vaccine, the war against the pandemic is long and exhaustive. And, we can’t even begin talking about the emotional stress that the patients go through.
While the global authorities are hard at work to ensure the best medical care, the onus lies on the citizens as well to deal with the matters of their immunity with priority. They must switch to healthier practices to resist the virus proactively, and drinking tea is one of them.
The article below covers the seven best teas for immunity and shows how our readers can prepare each of these in a matter of minutes.
So, let’s dive right in.
- Tulsi Tea
Tulsi or Holy Basil is an Ayurveda herb native to India and cultivated across Southeast Asia. Having known for its incredible curative properties, it’s also referred to as ‘The Elixir of Life’ and ‘The Queen of the Herbs’. When used to prepare tea, combined with other adaptogenic herbs, it is beneficial to relieve respiratory problems, several forms of stress, gastrointestinal disorders, and blood sugar imbalances. Tulsi reduces phlegm that aggravates cough, a symptom found in someone infected with the coronavirus.
How to prepare Tulsi or Holy Basil Tea?
- Boil water in a pot or a kettle.
- Add holy basil leaves with ginger and cardamom leaves.
- Boil the mixture for over 10 minutes.
- Sieve the water out and add lime water with honey.
- Drink two cups a day for building a resilient immune system.
- Peppermint Tea
Peppermint tea is instrumental in fighting digestive disorders, muscle cramps, and stress. Being loaded with strong calmative properties, it helps relieve mental pressure and makes anybody feel refreshing. A cup of peppermint tea acts as a potent immune-booster, for the fact that it has antibacterial properties, along with the traces of vitamin B, potassium, and other antioxidants. Together, they help fortify the immune system and keeps illnesses at bay. Further, it’s naturally caffeine-free, which means that it’s great to have before bedtime.
How to Prepare Peppermint Tea?
- Add a few mint leaves in a pot filled with water.
- Keep simmering it until the water turns pale yellow.
- Strain the tea.
- Put a spoonful of honey with lime.
- Now it’s ready to sip.
- Turmeric Tea
Nobody is stranger to the therapeutic benefits of the Indian spice called Turmeric or Haldi. For thousands of years, it has been used to treat medical conditions, for its strong antiviral, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties. Turmeric finds its therapeutic value from Curcumin, a highly active compound that is known to fight pathogens, treat digestive issues, and help improve the symptoms of heart diseases.
How to prepare turmeric tea?
- Pour water in a pot and bring it to boil.
- Add a pinch of Turmeric powder, along with ginger slices and pepper.
- Boil the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Strain the water and add lime juice with money.
- Sip and relax!
- Hibiscus Tea
Hibiscus tea is a rich source of antioxidants, making it effective in the fight against free radicals and lower inflammation in the body. Studies have shown that a cup of Hibiscus tea can aid in controlling blood pressure and cholesterol levels, as well as reducing weight. A natural diuretic, it has been documented as an effective remedy to treat constipation and other digestive disorders. As far as immunity is concerned, hibiscus tea has high levels of vitamin C, a strong antioxidant that’s known to keep the immunity system in check.
How to Prepare Hibiscus Tea?
- Separate the flower from the calyx.
- Next, wash the petals and steep them in a pot filled with water.
- Bring the concoction to a boil.
- Add some lime and honey
- You’re good to go.
- Chamomile Tea
The amalgam of calcium, magnesium, fluoride, potassium, and vitamin A makes chamomile tea a must-have for boosting immunity. The beverage is caffeine-free and rich in flavonoids, which is why it has strong antioxidant and anti-microbial properties. A cup of chamomile tea can work wonders in the treatment of cough, cold, and sore throat, a few conditions that are known to be associated with coronavirus infection.
How to Prepare Chamomile Tea?
- Take fresh chamomile flowers and clean them thoroughly.
- Boil water in a pot or a kettle.
- Now, add chamomile flowers to the water and steep them for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Sweeten the mixture with honey or sugar if needed.
- Chamomile tea is now ready.
- Lemongrass Tea
Lemongrass tea is laden with antioxidant properties that eliminate free radicals in the body and hence provide stronger immunity against diseases. The beverage has antibacterial and antifungal properties to help patients deal with cold, cough, and flu. Being rich in vitamin C, Lemongrass tea plays a vital role in boosting immunity, and when mixed with turmeric and tulsi, it helps in reducing the phlegm build-up to lessen the severity of chest congestion. Moreover, it’s known to reduce the symptoms of digestive problems, control blood pressure, and support speedy weight loss.
How to Prepare Lemongrass Tea?
- Pour water in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add some lemongrass leaves, mint leaves, and honey to it.
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add some caffeine if you feel so.
- Strain the water and serve.
- Cinnamon Tea
On account of its rich antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, cinnamon tea is one of the best-known immune-boosting drinks. The drink flushes out free radicals from the body and contributes to the soundness of health. Compounds in cinnamon tea are beneficial to the fight against bacterial and fungal infections. It’s delightfully healthy for how it controls blood pressure levels, promotes heart health, and reduces menstrual cramps.
How to Prepare Cinnamon Tea?
- Boil water in a pan and add one tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- Let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture now.
- Add honey or sugar for taste.
- Serve it hot.
Here we conclude our low-down on the best 7 teas for boosting immunity. In these unpredictable times, we advise you to make any of these beverages a part of your food routine.
Assamica Agro provides a broad range of teas across India and worldwide at very competitive rates. We adopt the best farming, packaging, and delivery capabilities to help ensure that you sip the finest quality of tea. For ordering, please visit here.